Choosing the music was quite a key part as there is no speech throughout so the feel of it was dependent on the music I chose. I also had to consider my target audience so the kind of people who will watch it, what they listened to.
After doing some research and asking the target audience feedback group, Harry himself and his friends who also skate I had an idea in my head of what kind of route to go down. I could either do the 'chilled out' alternative music with lots of percussion making it a bit more dance-y. Or I could do the energetic house music which is also popular with the niche audience. After experimenting, I preferred the more chilled out music so I began to find a couple of songs.
I found The XX - Intro which seemed to fit the pace of my film quite well but it wasn't long enough and was a bit repetitive. I then found One Day - Asaf Avidan Wanklemut remix. This also fitted well as the film became more uplifting with the narrative of Harry getting better at skateboarding. I decided to start the film with 'Intro' and then go into 'One Day.'
I cropped the length of the songs so I knew when i wanted them to start and finish. I also eased in the music using this effect
Cropping the song (Clicking the settings cog and selecting audio trimmer)
Fading out the song (Clicking the settings cog and selecting audio adjustments)
And I could fade it out aswell to make it smooth sounding.
The transaction between the two songs was done by stopping the first song on the beat, having a clip with no music, and then back in with the new song on the beat. I think this worked quite well, as it engaged the audience as it was quite sudden and the clip in the middle was a silhouette of Harry, rather than a normal camera shot used in the rest of the film.


No comments:
Post a Comment